· Birthday: 26th October 2009.
· Lives in Burkina Faso, Africa.
· Burkina Faso is a tropical island.
· It has a population of 13 million and is one of the poorest countries in the world.
· French is the official language although native African languages belong to Burkina.
· Joel lives under the care of his parents.
· He is the only child in his family.
· He attends Sunday School, church and bible class regularly, alongside doing home duties.
· We receive letters off Joel telling us about what he has been up to.
· We reply with a letter from children in the school.
· Over six million under the age of five die each year – due to poverty.
· Through supporting through Compassion children receive access to health services, schooling, food and counselling.
· They get to hear the good news of Jesus.