NOTICE FROM KNOWSLEY:
We have today received the attached Level 2 Alert for a 70% probability of severe cold weather between 0600 on Friday 14 Dec and 2359 on Saturday 15 Dec in in the North West of England.
Please share the advice below with staff as well as pupils’ parents / carers to ensure you are winter ready:
Advice for Schools, nurseries and children’s centres
· Check room temperatures. Rooms which are being occupied during the day should be heated to the right temperature, 18°C (65˚F)
· Wear lots of thin layers (clothes made from cotton, wool or fleecy fibres). You may need to think about being relaxed with school uniform rules. Outdoor shoes should have good grips to help avoid falls and slips.
· Have plenty of hot food and drinks available for children and staff.
· Ensure staff are aware of children and adults with respiratory, asthma and other conditions and they have adequate medication.
· Consider how the forecast weather conditions may impact on your work/school – for example, snow and icy roads and staff travel. Ensure that your business continuity and emergency plans are up-to-date and everyone has been trained and is ready to implement them.
More winter ready information can be found at the following link: