Retention – Application – Inspiration – Success for Everyone
Train up a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it.
- Children can confidently recall key knowledge from current and previous areas of learning.
- Children can confidently apply knowledge to their learning.
- Children are confident using and applying high-level vocabulary.
- Children are independent leaners.
- Children are articulate and confident to talk about a wide range of topics.
- Children are confident to choose to read high quality texts to further advance their knowledge and vocabulary in curriculum areas.
- Children demonstrate many characteristics of an effective learner, such as interpret, explain, reflect, explore and discuss through written and spoken tasks.
- Children are inspired by their learning and show a passion towards all subjects.
- Knowledge is retained in children’s long-term memories.
- Children are well-rounded individuals who understand the importance of Christian values, British values and being a good citizen.
- Children have excellent attitudes to learning and demonstrate the ‘5ps’ in all areas of learning – pace, productivity, perseverance, presentation and progress.
- Children show respect for all and value difference and diversity.
- Children show self-awareness when forming their own ideas and beliefs. They recognise the need for equality and economic-wellbeing.
- Children demonstrate appreciation and wonder of the world they live in.
- Children are open-minded to learn and gain new ideas.
- Children participate in extra-curricular activities to inspire and foster a love a of learning.
- All children experience the ‘Halewood CofE 12 Life Experiences’ by the time they leave our school.