Intent of our Design Technology curriculum
The heart of one who has understanding seeks knowledge
Retention – Application – Inspiration – Success for Everyone
- For children to gain the expertise to perform necessary technological tasks confidently.
- For children to gain a secure knowledge base that will enable them to design and make high-quality products to suit the user.
- For children to use creativity and imagination to design products using a variety of materials.
- For children to gain the skills necessary to successfully evaluate their ideas and products (and the work of others).
- For children to know the principles of nutrition and what constitutes a balanced diet.
- For children to be able to use a range of ways to prepare a variety of healthy dishes.
- To encourage children to foster an interest in designing and making, whilst developing their curiosity about how different technologies operate within the wider world around them.
- For children to be inspired to become the designers of the future.